Peer Training: Peer Support and Psychiatric Advance Directives Webinar (Virtual)
Date & Time:
Monday, November 14th, 2022
2:30pm to 4:00pm
This webinar will explore the value, benefits, and applications of peer-supported Psychiatric Advance Directives (PAD). A PAD is a legal document that details preferences for future mental health treatment, services, and supports. This webinar will present the core elements of a PAD, and the role and benefits of Peer Specialists facilitating and supporting their development.
• Describe the value of PADs to increase the quality of care
• List at least 5 core elements of a Psychiatric Advance Directive (PAD)
• Describe the role of Peer Specialists and benefits of peer-facilitated PADs
• Describe how WRAP complements PAD’s
• Identify how Peer Specialists can support effective implementation of PAD’s
The training is open to anyone. However, if there is max capacity, priority will be given to those working as peers.
For more information, you can contact Natalie Klaus-Rogers at Natalie.Klaus-Rogers@mhainde.org