September 14, 2010
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Delaware Suicide Prevention
The Delaware’s Project LIFE will be hosting Delaware’s Fourth Suicide Prevention Conference on September 14, 2010 at Dover Downs (Dover, DE). This year’s conference theme is entitled, “Finding Balance in an Uneven World” as we will be launching Delaware’s suicide prevention social marketing campaign and raising awareness about suicide and suicide prevention. The conference is focused on suicide prevention best practices and is during the day from 8:00 – 4:00 pm.
Some day workshop topics include:
· A Survivors’ Story
· Military and Suicide
· Suicide Risk for LGBTQ Population
· Suicide 101
· Tools to Prevent Suicide
· Accessing Services
· Faith-Based Suicide Prevention
· Through the Eyes of a Delaware Teen
· Responding to a Suicidal Person
Online Registration will be available by the end of June, 2010. For additional questions and information regarding the upcoming conference, please click here.
September 15, 2010
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Designed by Living Works, safeTALK is a 3 hr. training that prepares anyone over the age of 15 to identify persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aid resources. Most people with thoughts of suicide invite help to stay safe. Alert helpers know how to use these opportunities to support that desire for safety. Discussion, videos and practice help stimulate learning. Learn steps that contribute to saving lives.
As a safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper, you will be better able to:
· Move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss or avoid suicide;
· Identify people who have thoughts of suicide;
· Apply the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep Safe) to connect a person with suicide thoughts to suicide first aid, intervention caregivers.
There is limited space for this training. To register for safeTALK, please click here.